Monday, June 11, 2012

Vijay Anand’s style in Teri Meri Kahaani’s song ‘Uff’

Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra
In his forthcoming film Teri Meri Kahaani, in the song “Uff”, director Kunal Kohli has tried to ape late filmmaker Vijay Anand’s style.
“One of the best directors of the 1960 era was Vijay Anand and I have tried to shoot the song like a tribute to him. Shot it like the way he used to shoot the songs, like in ‘Teesri Manzil’ and films like that,” said Kunal Kohli.
“So I have given it that flavour of music and the shooting style as if it’s a Vijay Anand song,” he added.
A love story with a span of three eras, 1910, 1960 and 2012, “Teri Meri Kahaani”, stars Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra in the lead and the film is set to hit theaters on June 22.
Shahid Kapoor says “‘Uff’ I think is a very interesting word. You have heard a lot of ‘uffs’ and ‘yahoo’ in the 1960s.”
Composed by Wajid of duo Sajid-Wajid, the song is sung beautifully by Sonu Nigam and Sunidhi Chauhan.
“The way he (Sonu) has sung it, I think you’ve just got to hear it to believe it. I feel that in whichever film Sonu or Sunidhi sing for me, that film is complete for me,” Wajid said.

No comments:

Post a Comment