Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nandana Sen feels boldness is treated with double standards!

Beautiful Nandana Sen shot bold scenes for "Rang Rasiya" unabashedly, but she feels boldness is treated with double standards in the industry.
The daughter of Nobel laureate Amartya Sen, Nandana, who has never feared skin show, says it is important for filmmakers to show intimacy and women in an artistic way.
"I do think boldness is a complicated issue, and needs careful consideration and treatment. Female bodies are often ruthlessly and ingloriously treated as objects in showbiz, and I'd never agree to that. It would take away my humanity by turning me into a commodity," Nandana said in an interview.
She tells it is high time women are treated with respect.
"Let’s look at the inconsistency in our business. I applaud that our culture has no problem with all kinds of bold and suggestive (some might say vulgar) movements, barely covered by minimal strands of clothing on bodies that are thrusting in all directions (and we allow our children to see this). What I don't understand is why the same culture refuses to acknowledge the innate dignity and beauty of the human form. My body is as much a part of my humanity as my brain, my morals, and my heart, and I will never be ashamed of expressing it, as long as it is with dignity and self-respect," she included.
Shooting intimate scenes with Randeep Hooda for Ketan Mehta's "Rang Rasiya" didn't come as an easy decision for Nandana.
"I could take that decision only after discussing it at length with my family, who were very supportive," she told.
Nandana tells she is delighted "Rang Rasiya" will finally release this year. A controversial film based on the life of painter Raja Ravi Varma, it has been ready since the past three years and has been travelling to various international film festivals.
"'Rang Rasiya' keeps garnering greater acclaim and more awards in festivals all over the world. In fact, I just got the news that it will be the opening film in the New Film Series at the Bangkok International Film Festival in June and in Washington DC in May," she told.
Nandana made her debut as Rani Mukerji's younger sister in Sanjay leela Bhansali's "Black". Some of the other movies she has worked in include "Tango Charlie", "My Wife's Murder" and "Strangers".

No comments:

Post a Comment